Tuesday 12 July 2016

The Kiss Of Chaos




I stand unmoved; with feet heavy and inert,
Words ringing in my ear; not so euphonious though,
Tears welled up in my eyes; they resist from trickling down.

I desperately yearn to run away,
Shut myself; shut everyone else up,
Shout out loud
And cut the leash of all stares.

Fear hovers over me; my thoughts gagged by demons,
Demons of my own making.
The devil smiles from above; that brazen smile,
And kisses me. The kiss of chaos; dark and drowning.

My blood freezes, numbs all veins,
And,
In vain goes my efforts to thaw the frozen.

I peer at hope being swept away
Like being pulled into the pits of the dunes.

I disdain the thought of giving in
And collect all brawn.

Straighten my feet, stand sturdy,
Proclaim my credo inside my head.
Not this hour,
Not this day; nor in times to come,
Is fear gonna triumph and see me fail.
Let there be the mess of callousness,
For, fear of the fear is ephemeral.

I am, all but darkness,
I am, all but weakness,
I am, all but a fiasco.


Share your thoughts with me at dipanwiita@gmail.com

19 comments:

  1. Wow that was soul stiring. Dark but elegantly beautiful. Welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by Swati. Glad you liked it. :)

      Delete
  3. "For, fear of the fear is ephemeral" - loved this line...

    Welcome back, dear... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intense and beautiful. Brilliant use of words! Loved the lines:-
    "My thoughts gagged by demons, demons of my own making"
    "For fear of fear is ephemeral".. As always, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life has its own ways of making us feel beaten. Your lines are powerful expressions of life's certain ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that. Life can be extremely harsh in making us slump into deep emotional abyss. A bit of fearlessness and a bit of support from loved ones can work wonders though.

      Delete
  6. Intense, compelling, brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anupam. Glad you liked it. Keep stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. Hope is the cornerstone of human existence?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is what I call 'masterpiece'!

    ReplyDelete