Thursday 4 December 2014

How About Running Away???

Whenever I speak to this friend of mine, she religiously suggests one solution to all my concerns....”Run Away”. Well, I felt like giving it a second thought.

Hence, here I am, expressing my views. And dear reader, since you are here, reading this, I strongly recommend you could either agree or disagree with me, which is absolutely at your own discretion.

Work. Every morning, when I board that 8:42 local, I feel like running away. But, whatsoever, I do drag myself to work (pun intended). I bet many wavelengths would match with mine on this. And by the way, I started off late. I feel like running away right from the moment I wake up. 8:42 is way too late. The whirl begins as soon as my alarm goes off. Followed by those "5 minute" snooze-fest till I finally jump off my bed, realizing I would be late. The very thought of meeting my pretty friends at work (who, like me, think we are all wasting our energies here and belong to a different world altogether), boosts my confidence.

So, I drop my idea of running away and stick to my daily agenda. Home- Work- Home- Sleep. Oh yes! And I do eat as well. And I unquestionably love my work. Like a give and take relationship. Barter is not an option here.

Picture- From here


Mumbai. How shall I address you? "Dear Mumbai", "Mumbai Meri Jaan" or "Aamchi Mumbai"? Whatever I call you, will you shift the paradigm of your seasons for me? Howsoever deep gratitude I show you, will you slow down your pace for me? Whatever amount of anger I vent out, will you keep away the traffic from suffocating me, for once? I certainly feel to spring away from you. But I keep coming back. Such is my love for you. When I am away from you, I miss your heat, I miss your rapid velocity, I miss the traffic. I am so very used to you.

Well, I once again drop my idea of running away and stick by your side. I love rushing with your crowd, I love your heat, I hate your traffic though. But it’s good to have a love-hate relationship with someone.

Picture- From here


Problems. Incalculable they are. Nevertheless, adding to their own list are the assorted shades they come with. Be it financial, personal, professional, love, hate, blah blah blah. Everyone believes theirs is the most prevalent one in the entire milky way. We are never thankful of what we already have. Instead, yearn for what can’t be attained. That creates all the trouble. They come in batches and boy, what effect they have on our grey matter. Stunning. Volcanic. Our brains absolutely stop working at every arrival. That’s exactly when I feel like fleeing for eternity. Wait a minute! But, where do I escape? I cannot stay away from Mumbai. I keep coming back to her.

Strictly, no dodging. Cancel the thought of running away and try solving the problems. That’s what I declare to myself after each batch arrives at my brainstep (I mean doorstep of my brain. I know this is not a word but it is exactly where problems create their nuisance). Zephyr's Mantra- Deal with 'em one at a time.

Picture- From here


People. Last but not at all the least, Here comes the Human! Sniffing Around. What about people? I can go on writing but I have refrained myself to some extent. And, I absolutely respect my rules. We are surrounded by people, every second, every place, every corner, every alley. People of all kinds. I am surrounded by people of all flavors in my life. Some caring, some loving, some crazy, some witty, some silent, some loud, some careless, some responsible, some pretty, some horrible, some cruel, some soft, some selfish, some selfless. Once again, the same feeling. Take flight. Run away till perpetuity. And this time, I don’t feel like coming back. Never is the word. Never is the time. We can run away from some. But not everyone. Moral and social obligations. I have done this in past. And I feel like doing this everyday, off late.

I would not call it running away. I would rather define it as creating distance sufficient enough, that there is no option of bridging the gap if we really do not wish to go back to them. However, every person in our life has an essence of his / her own. We learn something from everyone. Human relations cannot be dumped in minutes or days or even years. One should decide to leave when leaving is the only option left.

Artwork- From here

A bit of humanity at the end. Wink. Wink.

Zephyr believes running away should never be an option. To this, I totally agree. Don’t let fear make you shirk. Face the fear in such manner that fear chooses to make the retreat. 



Share your thoughts with me at dipanwiita@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment